If your bone in leg or foot gets fractured, the doctor generally advises you to get a walking aid while you are on your recovery days. Thus, manufactures of crutches Australia advices the patients to keep in mind about all the safety measures.
Manufactures Of Crutches Australia Provides Few Safety Measures:
- Make your home safer:
One needs to modify the place where they stay to avoid slips and falls while using crutch:
- Remove the scattered electrical wires, food spills and other rugged items which might cause a mishap.
- Never spill water on the floor. This might cause you to fall
- Bathroom floors should always be non-slippery. Otherwise it might cause a major accident.
- All household things are needed to be kept at an easy reach. Thereby, chances of falling can be lessened.
- Proper positioning of the crutch:
The main purpose of using a crutch is not to use put body weight on your leg. This is only possible if one uses the crutch in a proper way:
- When you are standing upright, top portion of the crutch should be 1 2 inches below the armpit.
- While holding the hand grip, your elbows should bend firmly to get a better balance.
- The body weight should reside on the hand and not on the armpit while holding the crutch. This will help in proper blood circulation.
Never walk in a normal way while you use a crutch. There are certain ways which will help in fast recovery:
- Always lean forward while walking and keep your crutch one foot ahead of you.
- Use the crutches as your leg and shift your body weight onto it.
- Never look downward. Always look straight and move on.
- Stairs: One needs to be very careful while going up and down the stairs.
- Tuck both clutches under your armpits and use the handrail to get the support.
- If you feel ever unsteady, sit down then and there.
Thus, by following these safety measures of crutches Australia, one can get a speedy recovery.